Be careful out there. Drone battery pack likely caused house fire

A battery pack to a drone likely caused a fire in Milton which destroyed a home Saturday night, Acting Battalion Chief Marc Lash said in press release.

The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation, but Lash said a drone battery pack was charging in a bedroom at the back of the house. He believes it sparked and set the house on fire.

“That’s the second drone-related fire we’ve had in the past couple of months,” he noted.

Read the full story here.